Happy 4th of July! We had a fun weekend on the 4th. Friday and Sunday were spent at Mike's parents house, hanging out on the lake with his brother John. Mike's parents' boat finally got fixed, so we were able to go out on it which was great fun. I also tried waterskiing for the first time (well, there was one ill-fated attempt in 8th grade, but that doesn't count, right?). I tried 5 or 6 times, and only managed to really get up once, and even that was only for about 3 seconds, but I really enjoyed it a lot, so I'm sure I'll try again.
For the actual 4th of July on Saturday, we went to Mike's aunt and uncle's cottage on Lake Waubesa. Not so much a cottage anymore, espcially since they just redid almost the whole place- taking out walls and remodeling the kitchen. A lot of the family was there (Mike's mom's side- almost all of her brothers and sisters, and their kids), so that was really fun. That's definitely the best part of this move- getting to see family so much more. We went out on Mike's uncle Tom's fancy new boat which was fun too.
We let Caroline do the patriotic dressing for the day, but check out my fabulous new dress- a gift from my friend Anna and her sister- love it!

Caroline goes for a spin on the lazy susan

Today we went to go hear the UW marching band (or a few of the members, at least) at the library. It was awesome. Caroline danced around and loved every minute of it. Of course we knew all the words to the songs- Mike has trained us well!

Here she is with a couple of the band members

And now for the live-action:
1 comment:
Great dress!!
:-)
Post a Comment