Tuesday, July 28, 2009

busy, busy...

It has been a busy couple of weeks... I went out to California for a few days- first to LA to see my dad and then to SF to see my mom and a couple of friends. I left Caroline at home with Mike and his parents. She got a little belly bug while I was gone, but they did a great job of taking care of her and changing way too many diapers! I had a really nice, relaxing trip. Of course it made me miss California, but I was happy to come home to my family in Wisconsin. Since I've been back, we've settled back into our routine- lots of playgroup, time with the grandparents, trips to the gym and the store and everywhere else...

Last weekend, I spent Saturday selling jewelry at a local street fair. It was the first time selling my stuff (except at charity auctions and such), so I wasn't sure how it would go. My friend and upstairs neighbor, Jen, had the idea, since she's also unemployed at the moment and makes jewelry too. So we made a bunch of stuff, got a booth and had at it. We had some trouble with the wind blowing over our displays, etc., but otherwise, everything went great. I sold about 15 items (a few necklaces and the rest earrings), and made $160. Certainly not going to be my future career, but it is fun for a hobby. And I enjoyed being outside, listening to the bands and talking to the passers-by...

On Sunday, we went to Mike's parents house- we had a great lunch, went waterskiing and tubing (I'm a pro now- got up several times for 30 seconds or so), and then I took a nap in the hammock while Caroline played.

We're thinking about looking for a house, though we are debating waiting until I get a job before we buy one. I had an interview this week, so we'll see if anything comes out of that. But honestly, I'm actually really enjoying the stay-at-home mom thing at the moment. We've just gotten into a great routine, I'm starting to make lots of friends in new playgroups and such, and I'm feeling like a real Betty Crocker- trying out new recipes and cooking family dinners every night. I feel so lucky to have this time to watch our baby grow up- so I'm trying to relish it instead of stressing about finding a job. I like the job I have :)

Here are a few pictures from Mike's parents. Unfortunately, we still can't find our camera and I'm afraid it is gone forever :(

Learning to drive her little boat on dry land...
And taking it on the water...
And moving up to the big boat...Hanging out with Nana on the shore
Helping out with the dishes

2 comments:

the swimmer said...

She's so cute! Glad you're enjoying yourself!

Amanda Light said...

I am so bummed you lost your camera. I look forward to the pictures. She is getting to be such a big kid. Sounds like you guys are enjoying yourself.