I guess the biggest thing for her now is building her vocabulary. She's learned a few more words in just the past few days. She says "done" while signing for 'all done', and just today started saying "bye bye". I'd say she has 7 or 8 words now, which isn't much more than a month ago, but I do feel like she's really on a cusp with language. She's repeating us a lot more and really babbling up a storm. She signs for more and all done, and usually means what she signs as opposed to just repeating/imitating me. I'm now working on signs for please and thank you.
Another big change was that we transitioned her off of milk in a bottle. She was just drinking/demanding way too much of it. Once we went to cow's milk, we knew we had to cut down because it just doesn't have enough nutrients. And she was filling up on it and not eating enough food. I thought it would be an incredibly hard process, because she has bottles right when she wakes up, before each nap and at bedtime. But we just gave her bottles of water instead and after a few tries, she took to that really well. Now she gets milk in a sippy cup at meals, but she manages to spill it all over herself. I don't know why she just can't seem to get the hang of the sippy cup thing. She'll fill her mouth with milk, but when she goes to swallow, she won't close her mouth all the way, so half the milk just comes back out. Its pretty hysterical. She's not much better with a real cup. And the challenge there is that you have to hold the cup for her, which she doesn't want. But if you let her do it on her own, she'll tip the cup up so far and so fast that she'll literally cover her entire face, up to the eyes, with milk. You know those milk mustaches? She had an entire milk face. Again, hysterical. So now she's not getting enough milk, but we're trying to make up for it with cheese and yogurt and such. Probably more than you needed to know about her milk habits, but alas, this is our world.
She's still the social butterfly. She just loves being around people and being the center of attention. But I will say that she's getting better at playing independently- she'll often go for a half hour just playing with her toys on her own. Maybe just because she's getting lots of practice while I'm busy packing up the house. She's also getting better at sharing, though I still wouldn't say she's good at it. She gets quite fussy when she wants something she can't have or if someone else wants what she has. I do think she's starting to understand better when I try to teach her lessons about this, so I'm hoping she'll move in the right direction here.
And best of all, she just keep getting cuter!
Our friend Saydi took another round of pictures for us- here is the first one. We'll post more when we get the CD of pictures from her. She does such an amazing job! Anyone in Boston should hire her to take pictures of their kids. I assure you that you won't be dissapointed. www.saydiphotography.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment