Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's day

We had a great father's day! Mike got breakfast in bed (lucky guy) and then we went out for a lunch picnic with Mike's parents at Pope Farm Park- a great spot on top of a hill with nice views. Jane made some incredible hoagies. Then we went for a hike on part of the ice age trail near Cross Plains. The girls were in backpacks, but it was pretty hot and muggy, so we didn't get too far before they got their crank on. It was really enjoyable all the same. Then after naps, we went over to Mike's parents house and had a delicious dinner. Thanks, Jane!

Of course I have to recognize my amazing husband on this Father's day. He's such a wonderful dad to our girls! I love watching them all play together. And I'm so thankful for Mike's dad, Joe, who is such a big helper around here too! And I'll be glad to see my dad in LA in a week or so.

Speaking of, we have to get ready for that big trip- aie! Adventures ahead!



No comments: