Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nanny transition

OK, so I'm about a month behind in my posting. But I'm getting on it now...

We said goodbye to our beloved nanny Laura in February. She is off to graduate school in South Africa, and you can check out her adventures on her blog (linked at left- Loli on the Kaap.)

We welcomed our wonderful new nanny Kate. She is a mother and a grandmother, so she brings a wealth of experience and a loving heart. Her daughter Sadie comes over when she doesn't have school, which Caroline loves because Sadie plays with her for hours on end.

I was worried the transition would be really tough, but we talked about it for a long time before it happened, so Caroline was ready. I missed Laura's last day- I was in Carmel with my mom- but that's probably for the best because I am a big sap and would have cried. Caroline still talks about Laura a lot- every time the color green comes up (Laura's favorite), or we see a bus (which Laura used to ride to work) or we talk about school (since Laura went away to school)- but she seems to take it all in stride. She really likes Kate and the whole crew has been getting into the new routine.

Kate and Sadie with the girls

No comments: