So I feel like I haven't posted in ages. It has been, shall we say, a little bit busy around here. So I am here to catch everyone up on our past few weeks...
Christmas was great. It was pretty mellow, as we stayed local for the first time in years. It is nice to have that option for once! I had over a week off work, and Mike took a bunch of time off too, so we got a bit of a break. Although I have to say, after being a bit out of practice, taking care of Caroline, day in and day out for that long really wore me out. I find it far more exhausting than working. Thank goodness we have so much help around with Mike's parents!
For New Years, our regular babysitters (Nana and Papa) were off partying, so we made some last-minute plans where we could bring Caroline along. We went over to our friends Ryan and Jen's house. They have 2 cute boys who are 1 and 4. So we hung out, put the kids to bed, and hung out some more, and decided to spend the night there, because it was easier than heading home so late. We had yummy cheese fondue and Mike ate a zillion crab legs. I went to bed at 10:30, which was an accomplishment, if you ask me. Mike and Ryan snuck out to a local brewery for midnight while Jen and I stayed home (me, sleeping) with the kids.
The first few weeks of January have flown by. Work has suddenly gotten pretty busy for me, but I find it all really interesting and I like the folks I work with, which is good, since I spend about 5 hours a day on the phone with them... Mike has been busy with work too. He had to go to Ohio for 2 weeks (straight- no break), and we're about half way through that. I miss him terribly and I don't understand how single mothers everywhere do it. Honestly. Its exhausting. Thank goodness for Mike's parents and our friends Anna and Langdon, who have kept me busy while he's gone. 4 more days (unless its extended...). I can do it.
More news to come... soon, I swear.
No comments:
Post a Comment