Friday, December 18, 2009

One and three quarters


Caroline is well on her way to two... only three months to go, which I'm sure will fly right by. She is still very energetic, outgoing and full of fun. She really took to daycare right away- I think she likes having friends to play with all day. When we drop her off, she waves and says "bye bye", as if she can't wait for us to leave. Luckily, she is also overjoyed when we come to pick her up!
She is talking more and more every day, though still not stringing words together. She has some things she says that are more than one word, but they just represent one thing, rather than a simple sentence. For example, she says "another one"..."anada wan". So cute. She seems to learn new words all the time, repeating everything we say.
Oh, and she just learned how to count to three! She could do two for a while, and then regressed and only did "one, one, one", but yesterday, I said, lets count the baby's toes, and she goes "one, two, tree, yabadaba..." it was really cute. She still doesn't quite know her colors. Sometimes she'll point to the right color, but whenever you ask her a color, it is always "rellow". Still. I'm hoping this passes :)
She's just starting to be interested in the potty again after a long hiatus. Now she'll sit on it once in a while, and she even pooped at her grandparents house. But I'm not sure she's ready to go whole-hog. We'll probably ease into it this time around.
She's really testing her limits on the discipline front. She just willfully disobeys sometimes, I think just to see what we'll do. She doesn't seem to mind being in time out (I think maybe she just likes any kind of attention), but it still sometimes helps correct behavior. She's super whiny sometimes too, which drives us nuts.
She seems to be eating more these days and luckily she isn't too picky. She likes most things, but is especially keen on mini mandarin oranges, apples, cheese, eggs and as always, hot dogs. She's also getting a little spoiled with cookies at Nana's house, but it is that season after all.
She has the Christmas spirit for sure- she loves looking at the tree and trying to take the ornaments off, despite our pleas not to... I'm sure she'll go nuts for the presents and wrapping paper and all. Can't wait for that!

No comments: