Monday, September 28, 2009

Nana's birthday and Bob's visit

We had a fun weekend. Our friend Bob was visiting. I went to business school with Bob, and Mike got to know him while they were playing on the rugby team together. You can just imagine all of their shenanigans... Anyways, Bob flew in Friday night and they drove over to meet us at Mike's parents house. We were over there visiting Mike's great uncle Wayne and his wife Marylee. Jane cooked an amazing dinner and pumpkin pie from scratch- yum!

On Saturday, I spent time with Jane and Joe while Mike and Bob went to the Wisconsin football game. They won, so everyone was in a good mood :) While Caroline napped, Jane and I went on a bike ride around the conservancy near their house. It is such a great little park with loads of trails. Then Caroline and I met up with the boys at the union terrace on campus for a beer and some ice cream. We came home and stayed up late playing Settlers of Catan and hearts with our upstairs neighbors Jen and Bill. A great time was had by all, especially me, since I won both games. People who have played games with me know that I'm much happier when I win :)

On Sunday, Mike had to work a bit, so Bob and I borrowed some friends bikes (thanks Anna!) and rode around lake Monona. Two bike rides in one weekend. It really makes me want to buy our own bikes! Next spring, I think. Anyways, Caroline loved riding along in the trailer, and even took a little nap.

Monday was Jane's birthday. We went out to dinner with them, which was an adventure, since Caroline wanted to run around. Caroline and I made a cake, which was great fun and turned out pretty well, even if it was a messy prossess.

I'm headed on a quick trip to NYC this week for a job interview. Thank goodness for Jane and Joe, who are always willing to watch the little darling. I'm also excited to catch up with a few friends while I'm there. Never enough time to see everyone, but so it goes...

Caroline playing with Jen's new puppy Charlotte
With Marylee and Wayne

Nana takes Caroline on the swing
Mike with Caroline at the terrace
mmmmm.... ice cream!
Caroline in the bike trailer
Getting a ride from mom
Bob on the bike
A little ice cream on the rideWith Bob on the porch
Smelling flowers is one of C's favorite activities

Caroline gets into cake baking
The finished productNana got a cute new spider that Caroline had a blast playing with
Caroline models her adorable new coat from Oma
The whole gang on Jane's birthday

No comments: