Saturday, January 10, 2009

The new year begins

So I've been quite delinquent in updating the blog lately... what can I say? Not much to report. We haven't even taken any pictures lately, so I'm putting up some new ones from our trip to Wisconsin that Jane sent.

Happy new year to all! As for our resolutions... well, I'm committing to go to yoga once a week and work out at least 2 other times per week- I'd say every day, but lets be realistic here, people. As a family, we're going to try to cook more and eat less processed junk (alas, we have a slight addiction to frozen pizza- so easy, so yummy). I've been getting really into cooking lately, so that should be easy enough. And I just got a new vegetarian cookbook to help in my efforts! Mike is going to bring his lunch to work everyday. Also, we're going to dedicate at least one day a week to be totally unplugged at home- no TV, no computers, just hanging with each other. Sometimes I feel like we're perpetually multitasking and not really being in the moment with one another, and I want to be better about that.

Caroline in her totally adorable new hat and Wisconsin gear
I can't get over how blue Owen's eyes are!
Lisa reads stories to all of the kids
Mike with the littlest grandbabies- what an adorable bunch.
Owen and Caroline getting to know one another
Daddy reads "Make way for ducklings"
Mike and his dad take a walk in the wintry weather

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Harpreet here, from Thailand. Couldn't sleep tonight, so I thought I'd visit your blog and leave a "Thailand" stamp on your blog page :)

Hugs to the Niebauers!

cseed said...

Love the New Year's resolutions! Especially the "unplugged day" each week. What a good idea!