Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's day and Maddy's birthday

So lots of celebrations for me lately! First was mother's day and then was my birthday. And everyone was nice to me!

For mother's day, we had brunch with Mike's family & mellow afternoon. We were going to head over to the arboretum for a walk but the nap times just didn't coordinate, so someone was always sleeping. It was hard to motivate given all of that. But it was really enjoyable all the same.

My birthday was just a few days later. I did work, but I snuck out for massage in the middle of teh day, which was a real treat. Then we had dinner with the whole fam, which was great.

On this mother's day, I want to thank my mom for being her amazing self. She's done so much for me over the years! We can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks here. And Mike's mom, Jane, is so wonderful too. She's just a huge help to us and we love having her be such a big part of the kids' lives. And she makes some pretty good cookies, too.




No comments: