We've had a rough couple of weeks in our house (though not as rough as my poor mom, who had the flu and then kidney stones- yikes!). Julianne had a really high fever for a couple of days, so we took her to the doctor and turns out she had an ear infection. So she was on antibiotics, but it took a good 4 days until she started feeling better. Then she finished the antibiotics after 10 days, and 2 days later started pulling on her ears again, and turns out it didn't heal or else came back. Ugh! And it took a long while, but Mirabelle finally caught it too and got an ear infection as well. Yikes! We ended up having to cancel the twins playgroup we were supposed to host- Twice! On both weekends we were sick- luckily someone else offered to host the second time...
Now I think I got the cold/flu that caused their ear infections. So I'm all achy and stuffy and generally miserable. I think it is tough for Mike since he had to watch the girls while I was on a work trip to NYC this week, and now that I'm back, I'm sick and useless. And I've been this way for almost a week! Luckily, he is a huge help and is taking care of all of us.
Also, Caroline's been really whiny and attached to me lately- not sure why. But she had a serious screaming fit one day when I was out when she woke up from her nap and I think she nearly drove the nanny out of her mind. She wouldn't stop screaming, woke the babies, everyone was crying. Drama. And bedtime is more of the same. I just don't know how to help her disattach from me more easily...
No comments:
Post a Comment